Monday, November 13, 2006

I WON! OMG I WON!

YES! I did it, I WON!

A Roland Cube something bass guitar amp to be exact. 'How?' You ask? Well I will tell you, right about now.

OK, Coca Cola have this promotion where you go online and create this account with them and you collect points, and with these points you can enter draws to win things. Music related things. Guitar trainers, amps, tickets, CD's, all sorts of shit. The way you get points is to buy Coca Cola and on the back of the label there is a unique code and you enter that code in which allows you to spend them on entering competition draws and all that crap. It was a team effort I must admit, everyone at TAFE including teachers were collecting labels for me. Couldnt have done it with out them.
Today I get to class and I had a few labels from over the weekend so I decide to punch them in on Kooda's lappy. Someone was saying how it's a scam, and you never win (I think it was EJ, what a non-believer). I log onto my account, started typing in the codes and BAM! This screen pops up saying 'CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE WON!'

I was all like WTF? I didnt know if it was fucking with me or what. I double checked and I did win. So, thats that I guess. I know alot of people were saying its a waste of time but by collecting these labels, I wasnt asking for the materials rewards that may be, I was just showing the people that with a little hope, and a dash of luck. You will get the fucken prize.

Now all I need is a bass guitar.